Inversion table in United Kingdom have become very popular since last decade as it is said they are one of the best solution to reduce chronic back pain and sciatica. There are millions of people who suffer from low back pain across the United Kingdom and Europe and the inversion therapy provides relief to many of them. While reducing back pain, it can relieve your stress, improve blood circulation, increase flexibility, and above all, enhance your posture. A vast majority of people have started using this efficient equipment to perform effective exercise and stretches. After all, it helps them stay healthy and lead an active life. This article will help you buy the best inversion table in UK for 2018.
How Do These Tables Work?
Before you read any inversion table review here, some basic information about how they work is necessary. Basically you lie upside down on it, allowing the table to work on your back. As gravity changes your body’s blood flow, your spine is decompressed and toxins in the lymphatic system are removed.
During this process your body unloads the bones, discs and joints causing pain in your back. It is this unloading that produces the traction that reduces back pressure. Inversion therapy is also called gravitational traction.
Inversion therapy isn’t new, as the Ancient Greeks used it centuries ago, and today it is prevalent in medical facilities, sports teams and gyms. These tables are sometimes classified as weight machines though strictly speaking they aren’t since it’s your body that provides the weight.
Although there was skepticism in the past, there is growing evidence to prove that traction force does work. There’s one notable study which shows that separation between the lumbar vertebrae does take place, essential for reducing back pain. Another study came out a few years later which demonstrated the positive effects inversion treatment provides.
Factors Taken into Consideration
Now in quest of finding the best inversion table I manually searched almost all the brands and covered their individual products. My criteria of selecting the top three was to analyze them in terms of features, discount, warranty and how real users have rated these products individually. These inversion table guide took into account several factors, and they are listed below. There are undoubtedly several issues that need to be addressed when doing a review of these tables, but the following are the most important.
- FramesThe table frames determine the degrees by which the table can be inverted. A well-designed table lets you start with shallow angles and work your way to 60 or even 90 degrees depending on your condition. The reviews also consider the flexibility of the frames, which is very important if you have limited space.Most frames also state the minimum and maximum weights and heights for users. In addition, these reviews also consider the table’s stability, with the larger footprints providing better balance. This is especially important if you want to exercise while on the table.
- Clamps and PlatformThe clamps and platform will vary depending on the manufacturer. Usually though the clamps secure around your ankles as you stand on a platform. The best tables have adjustable platforms to accommodate different feet sizes. While hanging by the ankles is widely used, it’s not the only option as other tables have padded knee bars.
- Back PadsThe reviews on this site also looked into the padding that comes with each table. Obviously the thicker the pads the more comfortable you will be, but a bulky pad isn’t always the best solution. Depending on how long you’re going to use the table, a thin pad might be sufficient. More than the thickness, the reviews here focus on the quality.There are different kinds of pads available, and some of those featured here come with a notch that lets you rest face up or down. Some of the other tables here have removable pads that permit greater freedom of movement when doing exercises. Apart from traditional designs, table models may be equipped with a molded bed in a honeycomb or mesh with a bit of padding.
- MotorAn economy-model table is “manual” as you have to rotate the bed, but more expensive models have power and you can move down or up by pressing a button. The motor and power varies per model however, and their differences are covered in these reviews.
- Vibration PadsVibration pads are becoming more common as it’s proven to a convenient feature among those who don’t have the luxury of a therapist. Basically what these pads do is give your body’s muscles a nice work over, and these tables also usually have a hand brake that keeps the table balanced as you get off, a very important feature.These are the major elements that were taken into consideration in each review, and ratings are based on how well these features are implemented. Other factors come into play as well, and it’s essential for a buyer to mull these over too.
Best Inversion Tables in UK
IronMan Gravity 4000 Inversion Table
Ironman Inversion Tables is a company that designs innovative and practical inversion tables to help people enjoy their exercise routines or neck and back therapies. Its affordable training units are intelligently designed and are available at reasonable prices. The IronMan Gravity 4000 Inversion Table is designed to help you maintain your body shape and alleviate muscle pain and soreness. This best inversion table benefits are discussed below.
- Weighing approximately 75 pounds, the IronMan Gravity 4000 Inversion Table measures 26 x 65 x 49 inches.
- It can support 350 pounds.
- You can adjust its frame according to your height.
- Its extra-large and durable frame is made of steel that stays protected from scratches and weather damage.
- The inversion table has adjustable ankle support cushions that hold your ankles in position firmly.
- Its safety handles help you get return to a standing position easily and quickly.
- This easy-to-assemble training unit comes with clear and simple instructions.
- It can be folded and stored anywhere you want.
- The inversion table does not require much storage space.
- The IronMan Gravity 4000 Inversion Table features a vinyl-covered memory foam backrest that gives additional support to your neck.
Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 Ltd Inversion Table
Teeter Hang Ups was formerly known as Sky’s The Limit. It was founded in 1981 by Roger ad Jenny Teeter to design and manufacture inversion products. The company got its name “Teeter” in 2007. Its products are equipped with patented features that help people alleviate neck and back pain. The Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 is a visually appealing training unit that can help you strengthen you core.
- The Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 can support up to 300 pounds.
- Its foldable design allows you to reduce its size from 60 x 59 x 29 inches to 20 x 28.8 x 66 inches in just a few moments.
- Durable steel base consists of corner feet that do not damage your floors. Its quality finish keep it protected from scratches.
- Stretch support handles give you a better grip surface.
- Determine your required inversion angle with pre-set rotation mechanism.
- Patented Ergo-Embrace design is used for ankle support system. It consists of exclusive pressure-limiting foam that ensures better comfort and support.
- Adjust the Lumbar Bridge to either a supportive curve or a dramatic arch according to your special exercise session.
- Use the Acupressure Nodes to release your anxiety and improve blood circulation.
Teeter Hang Ups EP-950 Inversion Table
Teeter Hang Ups is the brainchild of Roger and Jenny Teeter. Since its establishment in 1981, the company has been designing varied kinds of inversion products. Teeter inversion products satisfy stringent safety standards of Underwriter’s Laboratories. The Teeter Hang Ups EP-950 Inversion Table is an innovative product that is packed with advanced features. Following are a few noticeable benefits of inversion table.
- Advanced Flex technology helps you enjoy a wider range of motion.
- Adjustable pillow adds comfort to your exercise routine.
- Surface is made of high quality plastic.
- Ankle support system includes an extended handle with advanced security features.
- Smooth and shiny surface minimizes friction.
- Plastic construction is stronger than vinyl beds.
- This best inversion table can support up to 300 pounds.
- It comes as an easy to assemble inversion table.
- Foldable design allows you to reduce its size from 48 x 27 x 61 inches to 20 x 28.5 x 70 inches.
- Rotation control allows you to choose your inversion angle according to your special exercise needs.
- High quality and durable steel base.
- Precision balancing feature gives you controlled rotation.
- Comes with an instructional DVD that can help you exercise properly.
Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Sport Inversion Therapy Table
Teeter Hang Ups, founded in 1981, was the brainchild of Roger and Jenny Teeter. The company was initially known as Sky’s The Limit, but it got its current name in 2007. It manufactures several types of inversion products, including manual inversion items, motorized inversion equipment, doorway inversion machinery, thunder bells and different accessories. Its products satisfy stringent safety and testing conditions. The primary features of its popular inversion table, Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Sport Inversion Therapy Table, are listed below.
- The machine’s weight capacity is 300 pounds.
- This is the perfect machine for people between 4 ft 8 inches and 6 ft 6 inches.
- The inversion table’s bed utilized the Teeter’s patented flex technology.
- Traction handles give users additional stretching choices and oscillation support.
- Smooth, easy to clean, and durable surface.
- The inversion table includes patented and exclusive security features, including pivot bearing, heat treated components, cam locks, and auto-locking pivots.
- A comfortable adjustable gives you comfortable exercise sessions.
- Its foldable designs allows for size reduction and better storage.
- Rotation control mechanism allows you to choose your inversion angle for your special workout routine.
- Gravity boots ensure superior ankle comfort. It includes thick foam liners and self-locking buckles.
- Corner feet minimize sliding on solid surfaces.